

Thrill of all thrills, it was the first day of school! And not half day Kindergarten either. This was FIRST GRADE folks. All day long and lunch too. Halle was too nervous to eat the fabulous pancake breakfast I made. Any of you who know Halle will realize that she was really nervous not to eat. She looked really cute and there was quite the gathering of parents with cameras at the bus stop. We loaded them on the bus and then followed them to the school. (Of course we followed them, this may not be Kindergarten, but it's only first grade.) I met her at the school and all the teachers and staff were lined up in a tunnel under an arch of red balloons. They passed out pencils and greeted students. It was a lot of fun. It made me miss American Heritage days. Anyway, I walked her to the classroom and wonder of wonders there was a pet turtle in her class! It was very exciting. Also her teacher knew she was nervous and knew that Halle's good friend from Kindergarten was also in the class so she changed desks and had them sitting next to each other. I was impressed. I left her there and willed myself not to cry this year.
I ran errands almost all day in preperation of the big "First day of school hoopla" that we threw after the bus came this afternoon. What does a hoopla consist of???
COTTON CANDY!!!!



After today, I have decided to run away and join the circus. I love making cotton candy. I was a natural. I watched 6 videos off of YouTube last night on technique, and let me tell ya, I had it!! It was a super fun day. Here's a few highlights that I pried out of Halle from her day:
- She can't remember the turle's name, but he's a boy turtle. (How can you tell?)
-The third graders helped them get lunch and they even opened their milks for them. Lunch was grilled cheese, and apple, a cookie, and a chocolate milk.
- She played on the BIG playground. But "Just for a puney time."
-She has to sit at Josh's table again. I learned today that Josh had to sit in the time out chair lots of times last year.
-She had a good time. Does she want to go back tomorrow? "Yep."
2 comments:
You are such a great mom! That is so fun to make a big party out of the first day of school. I usually make cookies but nothing like doing cotton candy!
My niece started Kindergarten this year, she told us "one girl was so naughty that teacher had to call her mom to come pick her up...3 times!!" and this was only in the first week of school...I wish I could be a fly on the wall in these classes...I bet it's hilarious.
Post a Comment